Tuesday 20 October 2015

The edited form of your writings

Please read carefully the entries below (they were taken from your blogs), and try to fix them. Make sure to write down what went wrong if you can.

Here are some of the common writing errors:

1.      SVA (subject-Verb Agreement)
2.      CS (Comma Splice)
3.      FRAG (Fragment)
4.      Run-on Sentence
5.      Tense
6.      Punctuation
7.      Spacing
8.      Spelling
9.      Parallel Structure   


  •  If you want to overcome culture shock, the first thing  you need to do is not to be nervous.

  •  My Indian colleague  keeps shaking his head when we discuss some technical topics thus I felt very confused and even a little annoyed.

  • I have not passed through all the stages of the culture shock, because I had  poor English skill. I felt scared to connect with local people, and I kept myself living in the Chinese community.

  • I never felt like emptiness and loneliness, as I did when I arrived in Canada. My only problem was the different language.

  •  My advice is to read more, get more contact with Canadian people, and give more time to  your family.

  • I was in a different place, so I had to rely on myself. I had to find a place to live, register my program, pay my tuition fee, and so on.  At that moment, the language barrier was the major problem.

  • I felt the culture shock from day one. The first stage is called the honeymoon, it was fast. Halifax is inhabited by a few immigrants; the majority of the current population are the descendants of immigrants from Scotland. Even though they are welcoming/cheerful/kind and friendly people,  I faced the second stage of culture shock, which I am Still facing it currently.

  • I totally disagree with the action of EU because of the following reasons:
    • The animal testing can protect humans from the side effects of the new products or medicines. 
    • It has lower financial cost when you compare it  with the human volunteers.
    • It is faster because the animals reproduce multiple times in a year.       







No comments:

Post a Comment